Getting a new kitten!

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Getting a new kitten!

Postby sarajeku » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:11 pm

I'm getting a new kitten on saturday! I'm really excited. He's a melanistic bengal. Those of you that are on my facebook have already seen pictures, but I'll post pics here too.
He's F3 and coming from a good friend of mine. His name is Robin Hood (obviously I'll be calling him Robin).

I've already gotten the typical "omg noez exotic breed bad" from more than one person. :lol: Juska got to witness that. Their logic was that having an "exotic" breed means I think "domestic = bad" because THAT makes sense. They were also convinced I'd up and dump him the first time he peed on my stuff.
Someone should tell that to Kismet. Maybe that will make her stop peeing on.. um.. EVERYTHING. :lol:

One more for good measure
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Getting a new kitten!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:53 pm

Congratulations. Nice spots.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Ooh, very pretty kitty! I love the eyes. Also love the ash color he is!
Red fox (1.2)
Reptiles--many
1 amphibian
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:48 am

Update on Robin!
He has been home for a few days. I picked him up Saturday- in total it was a 12 hour drive, 6 down to get him and 6 to get home. He was pretty stressed out for the first couple of days (as you can see in the first pic). But he settled in very nicely and is a very good addition to my little crew of weirdos. He hasn't officially met the dogs yet. Echo and Daisy are excited and REALLY want to see what is behind the door to his "safe-room." Kismet is absolutely terrified and is convinced that I won't come out when I go in there (but she gets spooked at a suspicious leaf so she'll come around lol).

First night home

More pics from after he calmed down- you can see his spots much better in these!

"Why aren't you begging to pet me?"
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Aww :3
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”